As the TMA estate is private land, the London Borough of Barnet plays no role in its up-keep. The TMA is entirely responsible for the wide range of activities required to ensure that the the verges lining the length of Totteridge Lane, Village and Common, as well as Totteridge Green itself are available in a safe and attractive condition for local people and visitors to enjoy. Day-to-day activities include:
- Woodland management (including new and replacement planting)
- Maintenance of the extensive land drainage system
- Pond maintenance
- Ditch clearing
- Mowing regime
- Twice-weekly litter clearance
- Removal of fly tipped rubbish
- Maintenance of all hard surfaces
- Verge repairs
- Provision of litter bins and other street furniture
- Liason with utilities and others needing to carry out works on TMA land
- Collection of wayleaves
In addition to its day-to-day activities the Council are regularly involved in protecting the TMA estate from attempts by developers and others to encroach on its land for personal or profit-seeking reasons. Where this requires recourse to the law the Association has a strong record of success and of recovering costs from third parties.
Double click to insert body text here ...